Welcome to The Jade Dog Designs and Jade Dog Beads.
You'll find unique art-to-wear and unusual beads and findings to use in your own creations.
Stand out. Stand apart.
The Jade Dog
- Art History, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- American History, University of Maryland- Asian Division, Yakota, Japan
- American and Architectural History, Architecture- University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- In the Court of Art- Women v. Trump, Group Exhibition, Jan 2017, 1301 Gallery, Hot Shops Art Center, Omaha, NE
- Materials-Crafts-Art, Group Exhibition, Oct 2016, Gallery 72, 18th and Vinton, Omaha, NE
- ArtSlam+, 10 Emerging Artists, Friends of Art (UNO), Apr 2015, Bancroft Street Market, 10th & Bancroft, Omaha, NE
- HerArt/HerSelf, Group Exhibition, Nov 2014, Gallery 72, 18th and Vinton, Omaha, NE
- www.figure50.com, Season 3. (Juror, Maureen Bloomfield, Editor-in-Chief, The Artist's Magazine)
- Omaha Fashion Week, Avant Garde category, collaboration with Sabrina Jones, Fall 2013
- Potluck 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017 Hot Shops Art Center, Omaha, NE (Curator, Paula Wallace)
- Award of Excellence, ArtSplash 2017, Sioux City Art Center, 225 Nebraska St, Sioux City, IA
- Sherry Serafini, Beading Across America, March 2011, Kalmbach Publishing, 39-42.
- Suzanne Smith Arney, The Crafts Report, Trials and Embellishments, August 2009, pgs 52-56.
- Haute Handbags, Volume 2, photograph, April 2007, Stampington & Co., page 122.
- "That's Clever," Bead embroidered heart pendant, Home and Garden Television, October 17th, 2006.
- "Salon," Belle Armoire, photographs, July/August 2005, pages 55 and 74.
- "Salon," Belle Armoire, photographs, May/June 2005, pages 61 and 76.
- Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, Nebraska- Jewelry Workshop in conjunction with "The Glory of Ukraine: Golden Treasures and Lost Civilizations," Spring 2011.
- Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, Nebraska- Jewelry Workshop in conjunction with "Rivers of Gold," Summer 2009, Chainmaille Workshop, Winter 2010.
- Iowa Western Community College, Continuing Education Department, Shenandoah, Iowa, Bead Work Series, 2006-2009.
- Iowa Western Community College, Continuing Education Department, Council Bluffs, Beadweaving series, 2004-2007.
- Joslyn Art Museum Gift Shop, 2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE
- Artisan's Jewelry, 516 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA
Beads are my clay and paint, my poetry and dance.
The moment over 18 years ago I first picked up needle, thread, and beads, I knew I had found my medium. What my mind saw I was able to create. The process is introspective, and although I begin a project with a loose idea of the final form, I let the beads and the techniques take over and guide me. I studied both architecture and art history, both of which strongly impact my work in structure and texture.
I began my beading career making art-to-wear and successfully run my own business selling my work online, in galleries, and at juried art shows. For the past 6 years I've evolved my beadwork techniques to make personal and political sculptures and three dimensional works.
Updated, September 2017